Mobile developer for BanjoMaps | Sydney NSW
This is it. This is your chance to join an amazing, funded startup at the ground level, and use your tech skills, creativity and imagination to shape our amazing product to help it change the world of indoor navigation.
Indoor spaces are becoming bigger, more complex and more difficult to get around all the time, and GPS and Map apps are no use indoors. BanjoMaps changes that — first for the visually impaired, and then for everyone.
We want a versatile, creative mobile developer to take our MVP, currently installed in one of Australia’s leading universities, and build on it, making it a scalable, kick-ass product.
This is our very first tech hire.
Our iOS app uses beacon technology and a unique wayfinding language, and we have the resources and passion to bring it to the world. We need your help!
Your typical tasks will be:
- Planning the development of our iOS app to make it solid and scalable
- Working with our mapping partners to integrate indoor maps into our system
- Exploring and developing new technology around indoor location-finding. This is a new field, so you will be developing cutting-edge solutions that will go straight into everyday use
- Working with our visually impaired experts and our user experience team to develop our unique, spoken-word, common sense direction system, which is our core IP.
- Creativity and the passion to create something new and exciting
- Good experience developing iOS apps:
- Knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- At least some exposure to Swift 2.0
- Experience integrating RESTful web services
- Attention to detail and a desire to create elegant code that is efficient, reusable and easy to maintain
It would be great if you also have:
- Xamarin and Xamarin Forms development experience
- C# and .NET 4.5 development experience
- Experience with the following technologies: Core Data, Core Location, MapKit, Push Notifications, Facebook SDK, Git, Cocoa Pods, RestKit, Masonry / SnapKit
- Android experience
- A team-player. Teamwork is everything when it comes to building a business.
- Someone who is excited by working in an ever-changing environment.
- A creative problem-solver who enjoys making big things with small resources.
- Organised and passionate about getting stuff done.
BanjoMaps is on a mission to revolutionise the way we all navigate indoors, where GPS can’t reach, first for the visually impaired, but then for everyone. Our technology locates users in an internal space and then uses common sense everyday language to guide them to their destination, whether that is the duty-free store at a major international airport, or the hairdresser at the megamall.
If this sounds like you, CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Thanks for stopping by!